The Textile Institute has members in all sectors of fibre-based industries worldwide. Special Interest Groups provide a focus for members in different sectors, and many of them organise conferences, study tours and other events in their subject area.
A Special Interest Group formed in India to encourage like minded textile personals of India and worldwide to work together for the benefit of the academic institution, research body, textile industry and The Textile Institute itself.
The inaugural meeting held in Ahmedabad on 20 November 2012 decided upon and finalised the functional areas to be addressed by the SIG and the role of the SIG was established. During the second meeting held in Mumbai on 9 May 2013 committee members and advisors were appointed. The SIG will organise Seminars and Conferences time to time on the current topics for the benefit of its members as well as industry. In addition SIG wanted to organise an entrepreneurial development program in which all senior management and mill owners will be covered. Emphasis will be given to the linkage of the Institute with Industry to satisfy the interest of both parties in general.
A Seminar Shortly will be organized jointly with the Wool Research Association on “SPORTECH” is at a planning stage. The committee welcomes suggestions, comments and ideas for activities and goals from all individuals including industry & education. They welcome interested individuals from industry and academia to join the group.
- To act as a mediator between academic institutions and the textile industry to benefit textile technology / engineering education and training in India and worldwide.
- To assist potential Indian machinery and accessory manufacturers providing information about Indian and International Government policy and standards for setting up and development of industry.
- To encourage existing and new entrepreneurs with the aim of industrial growth in India and worldwide
- To inform industry of new ideas and techniques by the disseminating information through various national and international Seminars, Conferences & Workshops on a regular basis and encourage international participation.
- To create a knowledge bank / data bank to help technical experts of the industry in India and worldwide.
- To help technical experts of the industry in India and worldwide establish a benchmark for their own activity for the benefit of industry
- Mr Timir Roy (Chairman)
- Dr Chandan Chatterjee (Vice Chairman) The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development
- Miss Amrita Govekar (Honorary Secretary) Kusumgar Corporate Pvt. Ltd.
- Miss Vaishali Singh (Jt. Honorary Secretary) Industrial Filters & Fabrics Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr Satish BR (Honorary Treasurer) UGO Tech
- Mr Sumit Gupta (Net Work Coordinator)
Global Organic Textile Standards
Suggestions about possible activities for the Group, or general enquiries, are welcome from anyone interested in this sector.
Please address by email:
Mr Timir Roy (Chair)